May 19, 2021: Workshop at the International Conference on the History and Memory of National Socialist Concentration Camps
From May 18 to May 21, 2021, the Working Group of Concentration Camp Memorials and the Humboldt University of Berlin will organize the digital International Conference on the History and Memory of National Socialist Concentration Camps. The event will focus on media expectations and changed ways of reception of memorial site visitors. On May 19, Prof. Dr. Anja Ballis and Prof. Dr. Markus Gloe will conduct the workshop "Neue Kommunikationsformen, neue Räume? – Digitale Zeugnisse zwischen Schulhof, Gedenkstätte und Museum" [New Forms of Communication, new Spaces? – Digital References between Schoolyard, Memorial and Museum] in the panel "Digitalization of Memory". You can register for the conference here.
February 8, 2021: New publication in the repository of the Georg Eckert Institute
The collective volume Interaktive 3D-Zeugnisse von Holocaust-Überlebenden. Chancen und Grenzen einer innovativen Technologie [Interactive 3D Testimonies of Holocaust Survivors. Chances and Limits of an Innovative Technology] was published in the series Eckert. Dossiers. The papers in this publication explore the communication structures involved in interactive 3D testimonies and investigate manifold aspects of this format from different scientific perspectives. The aim of this volume is to give insights into the development and research of interactive 3D testimonies of Holocaust survivors.
Press Releases (7)
- 08.01.2021 Holocaust survivor Eva Umlauf comments on the riots in Washington, D.C. in the New York Times article Amid the Rampage at the U.S. Capitol, a Sweatshirt Stirs Troubling Memories.
- 18.08.2020 Project documentation in the science TV show "nano"
- "Retweet and remember: digital approaches to the Holocaust" Ernst Hüttl talking to the Goethe Institute.
- 08.02.2020 MünchnerUni Magazin. Zeitschrift der Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (Nr. 1 / 2020), S. 16-18.
- 23.01.2020 The Süddeutsche Zeitung reports on the ceremonial opening of LediZ and gives insight into the research project.
- 22.01.2020 The LRZ reports on the opening of LediZ: "Magical moments for teaching". Also on LinkedIn in German and English.
- 22.01.2020 A report on the opening of LediZ on the start page of the LMU Munich.